China Set to Become the World’s “Most Christian Nation” by 2030.
Despite the ongoing persecution of Christians in China, the Gospel continues to spread at an unprecedented rate, and an increasing number of parents are “begging” teachers to teach their children about Jesus.
Speaking to CBN News, Sean Elgut, the headmaster of Veritas Christian Academy of Virginia, revealed that Christian schools are on the rise in China. While many Chinese are atheist or Buddhist, they are also very open to Christianity, and parents are encouraging their children to learn all they can about Christ.
“Chinese parents start to realise Christian education is beyond textbooks. The parents want their kids to live with faith. They are begging us to teach them about Jesus,” Elgut said.
In addition to teaching Christian values, teachers spend quality time with students in the hope of leading them to Christ: “Time is important. We want to spend more time with them, just like Jesus with His disciples. He had time for them and taught them,” Sean said.
In an interview with The Gospel Herald, Bob Fu, president and founder of persecution watchdog China Aid, shared how Chinese citizens are “thirsty” for the truth of the Gospel, particularly in light of the oppressive nature of the Communist government.
“The authentic love and compassion that is manifested in the lives of believers has been a major factor in the spread of the Gospel,” he said, citing a Purdue University study that found the country is on course to become the world’s “most Christian nation” by 2030.
“Under Communism, trust among the Chinese was destroyed,” Fu revealed. “But the church was the opposite – Christians were the first ones to love those with disease and illnesses, the first ones to care about the elderly, the vulnerable, the children.”
Despite ongoing persecution, Fu added that he is “more optimistic than ever” that the Gospel will continue to impact the country in a tremendous way.
“While we still feel the pain and suffering of our brothers and sisters in China, we have seen the Good News spark the rapid growth of Christianity,” he said. “We have seen a great revival – more and more believers are becoming actively involved. I believe that in the end, the Communist Party will be called the ‘Servant of the Lord.'”
- Give thanks for the amazing growth of the Church in China and the openness of many Chinese people to the Gospel.
- Give thanks for Christians schools in China, where children can learn to follow Christ.
- Pray for protection for Christians in China, many of whom face opposition and hardship. Pray for their continued growth, and strength of faith in the face of growing opposition.
- Pray for the Church in China, as the government is cracking down especially on the house churches. Pray for access to good training and discipleship material.
- Pray for the continued spread of the Gospel across this vast nation, including the Western Xinjiang province which is majority Muslim and inaccessible to Foreign mission workers. Pray for local Chinese Christians to hear the call to minister the Gospel in this region.
Revelation 7 vs 9: “After this I looked, and there was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb,“
Source: http://www.persecution.org/2016, http://www.gospelherald.com/articles