A Christian man who was once persecuted by Muslims now devotes his life to sharing the Gospel with his persecutors, bringing thousands to know Christ.
According to a report from Christian Aid Mission, the man, known as Brother Rachid, decided to follow Christ at the age of 12, after hearing the gospel through a radio ministry, followed by four years of correspondence courses.
Furious at their son for turning his back on the Muslim faith, Rachid’s devout parents kicked him out of his home, leaving him homeless for two years.
Eventually, Rachid was taken in by a missionary family. However, his troubles weren’t over as he was forced to flee Morocco just a few years later, after a radical Islamist infiltrated his house church, and threatened his life.
Rachid and his wife, who was pregnant with their first child, settled safely into their adopted country, but Rachid still felt Lord calling him to go back and minister to Muslims.
Despite opposition from his family who feared for his life, Rachid began a programme on satellite TV in which Muslims and others call in to ask questions about Islam and Christianity. Through the broadcast, that has now been aired for over 10 years, thousands of Muslims have come to Christ.
“Every Thursday at 9 pm, people will call us up, some to curse us, some to give their lives to Christ – we’re fishing for all kinds of fish,” he said.
In an earlier report from Christian Aid Mission, a Christian ministry leader in the Kurdish Region of Iraq revealed that his ministry has been swamped with Iraqi Muslims seeking to know more about Christ and the Bible.
He said there has been a great Christian “awakening” among the Muslims in the region, adding that he has personally witnessed many such conversions.
“They’re just sick of Islam,” he said. “People are very hungry to know about Christ, especially when they hear about miracles, healing, mercy and love.”
- Give thanks for Rachid and his ministry through Satellite TV. Give thanks for the many people who have come to know Christ through this ministry, and also for those coming to Christ in Kurdish Iraq.
- Pray for protection of Rachid and his family, for those ministering in places like Kurdistan, and for the many believers reaching out to their Muslim neighbours and friends in these hard places.
- Pray for protection for Muslim background believers in the Middle East and North Africa. Pray for their faith to grow strong even in the face of extreme opposition, and for their witness to family and their communities to lead many others to also know Christ.
- Pray for continued opportunities and resources for broadcasting Christian programmes over satellite TV into otherwise unreached areas of the world.
- Pray that God, through His Holy Spirit, will continue to move in the hearts of Muslims across the world, drawing many to Him and revealing the truth of His Gospel and grace for all people.
Romans 1 vs 16: “For I am not ashamed of the gospel; it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith”