Knowledge and logic may help you win an argument, but it’s not always the most effective way to lead people to Christ. Often times, just showing God’s love has the greatest impact.
Asian Access reported last year on a Buddhist Lama from Tibet who came to Christ and had a vision to plant churches throughout the valleys of the Himalayas. His coming to faith was largely due to the love believers had shown him in providing relief efforts when a natural disaster struck a nearby country a year ago.
Joe Handley, President of Asian Access, now has an encouraging update:
“This priest had such an influence in his community, in his nation, that 62 other Buddhist monks have now decided to follow Christ,” Handley says. “It is really remarkable. Just within the last year alone, [church leaders] are estimating that more than 200,000 people have come to Christ as a result of the labours of the Christian community there.”
Asian Access has played a key role in this spiritual movement, by training and discipling church leaders in order to establish long-term spiritual growth.
Handley continued: “God does amazing things when you invest in people and see them grow deeper in Him, grow stronger as leaders, learn how to reproduce other leaders, and then it spreads through church planting efforts in ways that are simply remarkable.”
- Give thanks for the work of organisations such as Asian Access and Interserve, investing in the lives of believers and encouraging them to grow strong in their faith.
- Give thanks for the remarkable numbers of people coming to know Christ in this Buddhist majority region, through the love and witness of the Christian community.
- Pray for these new Christians, for good access to training, teaching and discipleship, and for the Church to grow strong roots and continue to be a witness to the love of Christ in their communities.
- Pray for protection for Christians in Buddhist majority Tibet, and for continued freedom to be able to meet together and worship without fear.
- Pray for the continued moving of the Holy Spirit over this country, that many more will hear the Gospel and turn their hearts to Christ Jesus.
Colossians 1 vs 9 – 10: “ For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God“