Iraqi Believers Meeting to Pray on “Christ Day”.
Today, Friday 18th November, Christians living in Erbil, Northern Iraq, will join together in a mass-meeting, which they have called “Christ Day”.
Iraqi Christians will come together to pray, seek God’s face, humble themselves before God and call on His Name for the salvation of the people of Iraq. They will also pray for peace in the region. The meeting will be from 11:00 till 17:00.
In addition, tomorrow, 19th November, there will be a youth rally at the same venue, from 14:00 till 17:00.
At least 20 000 – 25 000 people are expected to attend, including many refugees from Iraq and Syria.
This is no small thing that is taking place, especially at this time and in this region, where many people, including many Muslims, are coming to faith in Jesus.
- Pray for the presence of God’s Spirit to envelop these meetings and that every person will clearly hear what God wants to say to them.
- Pray for the worship, preaching and prayer times, that people leading will do so under the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for those attending the meetings who are currently not Christ followers, that many will be touched by the Holy Spirit during this time, and come to know His truth, as Son of God and Lord of all.
- Many of the Muslim background Believers, as well as other Christians in this region, suffer severe persecution and struggle to stand firm in the Lord. Pray that this meeting will be a time of encouragement and breakthrough in the lives of many believers.
- Pray that God will indeed hear from Heaven, answer the cries of His people, and bring healing, renewed hope for the future and peace to the people of this region.
2 Chronicles 7 vs 14 – 15: “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.“