An Islamic leader in the Middle East has become a Christian evangelist and ended a plot to forcibly convert or kill Christians in the Middle East, after Jesus reportedly appeared to him.
According to Assist News, Al-Rashid used to head an Islamic group that aimed to make all nations subject to Islamic rule. When he heard about how a pastor named Paul had converted to Christianity and was preaching the Gospel to Muslims in the Middle East, Asia, and other countries, he hatched a plan to kill the pastor’s family.
Al-Rashid’s team planned to capture Pastor Paul and force him to return to Islam. The Islamic group launched several attacks against the Christian family, but the family were always able to escape.
In one of these attacks, after learning that the pastor’s family needed food, Al-Rashid sent a woman to bring poisoned food to them. However, a dog bit the first woman he sent, so he asked a second woman to take some poisoned chocolate for the kids. The pastor’s daughter was the only one who fell ill.
Al-Rashid recounted the events: “I was watching with two others from an ambulance near the hospital to see his daughter’s death. Our plan was to kidnap the dead body along with his family in our ambulance. I saw a ball of light came down from the sky and stand over the room where his daughter was lying unconscious.”
Al-Rashid saw a hand come out of the ball of light and touch the sick girl, who instantly regained her consciousness. What really caught the Islamic leader’s attention was the hole in the middle of the hand and the blood coming out of it. At that time, he fell down in fear and his friends had to move him away.
After what happened, Al-Rashid had difficulty sleeping because the hand was so prevalent in his thoughts. The following night, he saw a shadow of a human face with the hand, and a voice asked why Rashid was “nailing him.” He turned to the Bible and realised that he was talking to Jesus.
After this encounter, Al-Rashid went to Pastor Paul to tell him everything that had happened. Later on, he became an active Christian evangelist and is now helping distribute Bibles in the Middle East.
- Give thanks for Al-Rashid’s encounter with Jesus, and for the turning around in his life to follow Christ. Pray for protection over him and his family as they continue to serve Christ Jesus in the Middle East and witness to the truth of the Gospel.
- Pray for the many Muslim Background Believers, who have turned to Christ after similar encounters and dreams. Pray for their discipleship as believers, for their faith to be strongly rooted in Christ, and courage to share their faith with their families and communities.
- Pray for those working amongst MBB’s, for compassion, wisdom and understanding, and for access to good resources for teaching and discipleship of these young believers.
- Pray for protection over Christians living in the Muslim majority countries.
- Pray that many more Muslim leaders across the world will have life changing encounters with Christ Jesus, and accept the truth of the Gospel for them and their families.
John 1 vs 12: “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God“
Source: http://christiandaily.com/article, http://www.persecution.org/2016