Jesus Present in the Boats with Refugee Children.
A woman serving with YWAM works with traumatised refugee children, helping them to open up and share about their experiences in Syria and as refugees.
One of the tools she uses to help the children is to encourage them to tell their stories through painting. “Paint your family and house in Syria. Draw a painting of the night when you came by boat to Greece,” etc.
However, watching the children painting, she noticed something astonishing. In many of the paintings there is an unknown figure surrounded by light. Sometimes He is with them on the sea, or on the shore or sometimes even in the boat.
The children do not know His name, but His presence is very real to them. They know it is safe to be with Him. They do not know what happened to Him, but He was there when they were afraid, and when He was there, their own fear left them.
- Give thanks for the work of this lady, and for many more like her who are reaching out to help traumatised refugee children and adults.
- Give thanks for the paintings and what they reveal about the presence of Jesus with these children on the refugee boats. Pray that, through talking about their experience, many of these children and their families will come to know healing, hope and life through Jesus Christ.
- Pray for more trained Christian teachers and psychologists to hear the call to work amongst refugee children.
- Pray for paces of safety and protection for war orphans, who are often left on their own and are targets for people traffickers and sexual abuse.
- Pray that God will continue to reveal Himself to refugee children and adults, dispelling fear, and drawing many to faith in Him through Jesus Christ.
Matthew 19 vs 14-15: “Jesus said: Let the little children come to Me, and don’t prevent them … And He put his hands on their heads and blessed them before he left.”