‘I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone, for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Saviour, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.’ 1Timothy 2:1-4
In the light of these verses let’s pray for the leaders of Pakistan.
- The President, Prime Minister, the other members of the cabinet and the government, the leader of the opposition, and all the other members of the National Assembly.
- The members of the Senate
- The heads of the Pakistan Army, Air Force and Navy
- The Chief Justice is head of the judiciary and the Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Each of the 4 Provinces has its own Assembly, Chief Ministry and Governor
- Local Councils and councillors
- Tribal leaders and wealthy landowners who have almost complete control over the people in their area, who are often poor and uneducated.
Pray for those in authority in Pakistan whose decisions and leadership affect so many millions of people.