For the pilgrims, the third and final day of Hajj is the longest day. The pilgrimage is not finished until they complete each one of five different sacred acts:
• Men will shave their heads, as an act of humility and cleanliness.
• They will sacrifice a permissible animal – believing, as in the Old Testament, that the shedding of blood will bring forgiveness of sins
• They will circle the Ka’aba seven times
• They will run between the two hills of Safa and Marwa – both of these last two sacred acts are to show their commitment to Allah. and to seek to be at peace with him.
- Pray that Muslims will open their hearts during this Hajj to God’s true path to forgiveness, repentance and salvation through Jesus Christ. Pray that they will have life changing encounters, dreams and vision of Jesus and genuinely seek to know Him.
- Pray for Christian Believers in Saudi Arabia, that they will ave courage to share the Gospel, and for protection on them and their families.
- Give thanks for Christians Satellite TV and internet programmes, which are reaching into many Saudi homes. Pray for fruit through these programmes in te hearts and lives of those who listen.
- Pray that Christians globally will awaken to the call for prayer for our Muslim neighbours, not just today but every day, and to see God’s heart for these people to come to genuinely know Him.
Hebrews 7 vs 25: “Therefore he [Jesus] is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.“