Small Radio Station Transmits a Message of Hope to North Korea.
For an hour each day, Kim Chung-seong, a defector from North Korea and a Christian missionary, takes to the microphone in a small Seoul studio.
At 1am, his show ‘Hello from Seoul, the Republic of Korea’ sends a mix of gospel music and news into North Korea, defying the isolated state’s efforts to keep its people in the dark about the world, religion and the truth about its leaders.
“Brothers and sisters in the North, I hope this time can be a moment of prayer for a miracle that every party member of North Korea at the party congress can meet God, not take a further step into the cult of personality,” Kim said.
He was referring to the meeting of the North’s ruling Workers’ Party this month, where young leader Kim Jong Un was unanimously elevated to party chairman.
“I am desperately praying that North Korea’s Kim Jong Un and all administrators under him kneel down in front of God and repent for their sins, leave the path of tormenting their people,” Kim, who came to the South in 2004, said in his studio at the Far East Broadcasting Company.
North Korea’s constitution guarantees freedom of religion provided it does not undermine the state, but outside of a small handful of state-controlled places of worship, no open religious activity is allowed.
North Korea also strictly bans access to outside information, and it is illegal to own a radio that can be tuned, and the only radio or TV sets permitted are those pre-set to state channels. However, many tune in to foreign shows with smuggled Chinese radios and illegally altered North Korean sets.
- Give thanks for the work of media organisations such as Far Eastern Broadcasting Company, who transmit the gospel and Christiana teaching into places such as North Korea.
- Pray for the seeds of the Gospel that are sown into the lives of North Koreans listening into their broadcasts. Pray that the Good News will land on fertile soil, to produce fruit in many lives, and bring life and hope to many in North Korea.
- Pray for the North Korean government, including Kim Jong Un, to encounter Christ Jesus. Pray too that they will allow freedom for Christians to meet together without fear.
- Pray for North Korean Christians, for encouragement as they listen to radio broadcloth, and for protection. Pray for those who are in prison and labour camps because of their faith, that they will know the comforting and strengthening presence of the Holy Spirit within and around them.
- Pray for a transforming move of the Holy Spirit over this nation, for many to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to see lives and communities transformed for good.
Ephesians 6 vs 19: “Pray also for me, so that when I speak, a message may be given to me to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel,”
Source: http://www.persecution.org/2016, http://www.christiantoday.com/article