Open Doors Ministry are asking for prayer for Thi Hong, the wife of Pastor Nguyen Cong Chinh, who is currently imprisoned for charges against the Vietnamese government. Hong was was arrested and beaten by law enforcement officers earlier in April, after meeting with a human rights delegation from the USA.
In an interview with Radio Free Asia, Hong said that, on the morning of April 14th, local officers from Gia Lai Province forced her to go to the community centre.
“Two men held my legs, two others held my arms, threw me inside the police car, and sent me to the community centre. They brought me to a room in the third floor, and a woman who was waiting there slapped my face. I asked them why they were beating me, then two other ladies dragged me and pulled my hair.”
Hong says her captors asked her to cooperate, which she refused because the arrest and the beatings were unreasonable. “They told me I had to tell them what happened during the meeting with the freedom of religion delegation, and I didn’t reply. They stamped on my feet, hit my face and my body, and I lost my voice.”
“I couldn’t stand ‘til 12pm. I couldn’t breathe. They brought me out to the police car, stopped by my house, and threw me out. I couldn’t walk. People around me had to lead me by the hand.”
When asked if she was able to go to the hospital to have her wounds checked, Hong says she had no time. “Not only that, but I can’t go. They are keeping an eye on us and suppressing me to go out of my house. I can’t stand too because they stamped on my feet. My knee is very painful now.”
- Pray for Hong to know God’s healing power, both physically and emotionally, as she recovers from this beating.
- Pray for divine protection over Hong and her family as they continue to fight for the freedom of Christians to worship in Vietnam.
- Pray for the many other believers in Vietnam who experience the same intimidation and persecution. Pray that they will continue having confidence and joy in the Lord, and opportunities to meet together and encourage each other in their faith.
- Pray for the Vietnam Government to have a change of heart and allow freedom of worship for Christians.
- Pray that many Vietnamese people will hear the Gospel and come to know Jesus Christ.
Psalm 103 vs 6: “The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.”