Young Christian Boy Beaten to Death by Muslim Employer

08/01/2019 Pakistan (International Christian Concern) – Badil, a ten-year-old Christian Pakistani boy, was working at factory to care for his mother and two brothers, was raped and tortured by his Muslim employers before he finally died on July 10, 2019.

His employers, Mohammed Akram and Irfan, were arrested in Sargodha after being charged with his murder on 14th July, 2019 in Rasheedabad, Faisalabad.

Badil’s father, Shahzad Masih, is a drug addict who drained the family financially trying to feed his addiction. His mother, Sharifa Bibi, works as a maid earning only 3500 Pak rupees every month – a very meager salary. Badil, being the oldest of three children, recognized the hardship at home and decided to find a job. As such, as soon as his school, United Presbyterian School in Essa Nagri, ended, he found the job with Akram. He worked for Mr. Akram, as a scrap metal dealership for 100 Pakistan rupees a day – less than one dollar. He had barely worked for Mr. Akram for ten days before the incident happened.

Getting to work and the work requirements were definitely difficult for a ten-year-old boy. He had to walk half a kilometer to work, and work from 9am to about 7pm before he returned home.

Two days before the murder, he came home extremely late with only half of what he was required to be paid. His mother instructed him to stop going to work because he was being cheated, but he persisted, knowing that his meager income could go a long way to help the family.

On the morning of the incident on July 9, 2019, he went to work with his brother, Moon, who was willing to assist him with some of his tasks. By the end of the day, Badil informed his employers that he will not be coming to work the next day because he was not being paid well. In what seemed like a wild-goose chase to Moon, who narrated the story to Pakistani Christian Post, Badil was finally caught and beaten up by Akram and Irfan for saying he was not no longer coming to work.

His almost lifeless body was left at his house and even though by the time Sharifa his mum saw him that evening, he was still alive, he passed away at the Intensive Care Unit at dawn – too battered to recover.


The message will be closed after 20 s